Welcome to Access! bienvenue!So, you want to learn MS Access! Whether you're coming to this course as a beginner looking for a simple way to create powerful database applications or as someone who is already familiar with Access and wants to get better, you've made an excellent choice.
Nous sommes heureux d'accueillir nos visiteurs français. Le cours est présenté en anglais seulement, pour l'instant. Mais nous espérons que vous allez en retirer beaucoup. Nous faisons tous les efforts pour que les présentations soient claires, bien illustrées et accessibles à tous. Bonne lecture!
Microsoft Office Access 2010 (MS Access for short) is, of course, the newest version of the database creation tool first introduced in 1992. It is part of the Microsoft Office suite and as such it can easily interact with its Office partners Word, Excel, Sharepoint and the others.
Now, here are some of the things you need to know about Access in general:
- It is a powerful database building tool (a relational database engine combined with a graphical user interface). The relational datbase engine is completely compatible with all the other large DBMS packages in enterprise applications.
- It is used in all kinds of businesses, large and small. However, it is usually deployed at the department level for specific small projects or as a client in larger applications, interfacing with SQL Server or Oracle, for example.
- It is normally used in standalone mode, meaning it's used mostly by a single person at a time.
- It can be used by several users at the same time in sharing mode on a network (it has record-locking capabilities and so on), and now, with Sharepoint, it can be shared on the Web.
- It is not a database server; simple apps developed in Access can be easily upgraded to Microsoft's SQL Server or to the open source MySQL server.
what's new in access 2010Here are just a few of the improvements that you'll notice in Access 2010:
- More powerful object creation tools - Access 2010 provides an intuitive environment for creating database objects.
- Use the Create tab to quickly create new forms, reports, tables, queries, and other database objects. If you select a table or query in the Navigation Pane, you can create a new form or report based on that object in one click by using the Form or Report command.
- Report view and Layout view, introduced in Office Access 2007 and enhanced in Access 2010, let you work with forms and reports interactively. By using Report view, you can browse an accurate rendering of your report without having to print or display it in Print Preview.
- Access has a new way to group and sort data in reports, and to add totals. The interface is easy to navigate and understand, and when it is used with the new Layout view, you see the effect of your changes instantly.
Now, if you're ready to start learning:
Many free tutorials on Visual Basic, databases, accounting ...
Microsoft Project is one of our popular tutorials.
MS Project tutorials
In-Basket exercise is widely used in management candidate selection.
Specialized Visual Basic 6 tutorials.
VB 6 tutorials
Create your own website. Learn the basics of Internet Marketing.
Tutoriels en français gratuits - VB, Access, MySQL et plusieurs autres.
Learn MS Access easily! These free tutorials are for you!